This is so delicious! It’s simple to make and just one pot to wash when you are finished…
The only thing better than a crock pot meal may be a “one pot” meal. The clean up is just as easy and you get the advantage of the wonderful flavor of slightly browned or sauteed ingredients.
This is a yummy dish for this cold winter night…creamy pasta with tender chicken in a deliciously rich sauce.
I served this with a crisp green salad and some garlic bread.
* You could add crumbled bacon or corn for a variation; and if you want to make this dish even more decadent, add a few tablespoons of butter.
** Important: cheese that is pre-grated and already bagged tends to stick to the spoon so this is much better if you grate your own cheese.
Photo & Recipe Courtesy number-2-pencil.com
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ a pound of penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
- It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
- Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute. (You can deglaze the pan with just a quarter cup of white wine here if you like.)
- Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Here is the link to the complete recipe for One Pan Chicken Alfredo