The heck with healthy! These looked so decadently delicious I had to share…
Potato chips, covered with blue cheese and cream, and baked to a crunchy golden brown.
Can you think of anything more delightful and addictive to snack on and serve your guests over the long July 4th holiday weekend?
I can’t, so here they are!
*photo and recipe courtesy Food52
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/2cup milk
- 1bag sturdy potato chips, I like Cape Cod
- Black pepper
- Turn your oven on to Broil.
- Heat cream, milk, and blue cheese in a saucepan over low heat until the blue cheese just dissolves.
- Spread the potato chips out on a lipped sheet pan — line it with a sheet of parchment paper or a silpat to help with cleanup later.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the potato chips, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, and broil in the oven until the sauce is bubbly and bronzed in parts. Serve alongside napkins.